Its time to have those starving college students submit applications for spring semester scholarships!
Last time we had 14 qualified applicants and awarded the top 8 with scholarships. The competition is stiff, so make sure your candidate prepares a complete and timely application. The deadline is Halloween, October 31, 2015 – that’s no trick, but some worthy students will be getting a big treat!
The applicant should demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
1. Has received or will receive a diploma from an accredited high school.
2. Have a grade point average between 3.00 and 4.00 (if already enrolled in college or technical school) or GPA between 3.40 and 4.00 (if graduating from high school).
3. Demonstrate a relationship to CFMA or other qualified construction association by a letter of recommendation from a member or an employee of a member company.
4. Have a declared major in accounting, business, or construction.
5. 5.Show professional or civic involvement in the community.
Candidates applying for this scholarship for the first time will be given preference over those who re-apply.